Workshops and Programs: For the Circle, By the Circle
The Circle is a community resource center for predominantly Latina women in the Brighton Park area of Chicago, specializing in serving women from lower socioeconomic groups. The center offers women a number of resources, including psychotherapy in English and in Spanish and a variety of workshops and programming to enrich the women’s lives, provide education, social opportunities and fun for the community.
Current Programs Available
The Circle aspires to work with the women of the community to create meaningful programming, responding to to the needs and desires community. Some of the resources and programs available include:
- Meditation sessions
- Healing Touch
- Expressing and dealing with emotions
- Psycho-educational presentations
- Managing depression, anxiety, relaxation and stress
- Women’s health and nutrition
- Communication skills
- Discussions on the experience of immigration
- English as a Second Language
- Citizenship classes
- Parenting Classes
See what’s coming up at the Circle!
This calendar will be updated frequently as events are scheduled.